I’ve teased you with promises of a destination retreat for long enough, now I have a sneaky feeling that you’ll agree: what I’m about to announce has been worth the wait…
You might have been expecting to retreat with me to Bali, and right until just last week, I was too. But expectations are toxic and I found that all the pressure I was putting on myself to fulfil this promise has been majorly taxing on my energy, creativity and productivity to make it an epic trip away.
I knew that this was not the right head space to be in during planning stages, especially since I’m well aware that my energy could contribute to your spiritual experience on a raw food healing escape. Still I just couldn’t figure out what was standing in my way and why I was having obstacle after obstacle in regards to locking in Bali. So I put everything aside, lit up an incense stick, rolled out my mat, dimmed the lights and began breathing my consciousness into a deep sea of calm, until there was just you and me and the vision of the most unforgettable retreat for you.
When I opened my eyes, the clock said 1:11.
I have no idea how long my meditation went on for, but I do know two things for certain: 1). The incense stick has burned out long ago, so I would’ve been in deep for at least 15 minutes and 2). We are going to Vilcabamba, Ecuador!!!!
As I experienced this amazing realisation, I couldn’t understand why something so obvious didn’t come to me earlier. Well now that it has, it is not about to go anywhere. I’ve even set the date…
Mark your diary for six nights/ seven days over 19-25 November 2013.
What you may or may not know about Vilcabamba…
- It is home to my beautiful parents and their raw food restaurant Sungate 11:11.
- It is my own personal retreat destination, where I go annually to detox, reconnect and recharge.
- It is a tiny village entirely surrounded by majestic mountains.
- It is best known as the Sacred Valley of Longevity.
- It is a magnet for the most gifted, spiritual and loving people. If you don’t consider yourself as such a person yet- Vilcabamba is the place where you’ll discover otherwise.
- It has the purest air of any place I’ve ever been to on earth.
- It has uncontaminated mineral-rich earth which bears the most delicious, healing and organic produce for everyone and the majority of its inhabitants have direct access to natural spring water.
- It is the raw food capital of the world.
Now that you know our destination and the date -and before I send you an application for taking part- I want to make sure that this is a retreat which ticks off all the boxes for you.
If you can make it to Ecuador for a week starting 19th November, please tell me what your most ideal getaway will entail…