1) Family and sushi. I’d be lying if I told you that visiting mum and dad was not my Top Best. It’s been 18 months since I last saw them! And then there is mum’s insane sushi! I can think of many raw foods that I crave, but only a select few I am sure I can live off. THIS is something I can live off easily. Lucky for you my super amazing mum is sharing her recipe right here as a special guest. Find it at the end…
2) Yoga with a view. Every morning for two weeks straight we were treated to a breathing moving heaven of a yoga. Irlianna Samsara shared her knowledge, tips and techniques that were totally exciting, rejuvenating and always spontaneous. I love my yoga, but I get too easily bored after 3 classes normally when I get the hang of it and can predict what’s to come next, ending up just counting down time instead. Terrible I know, but this time I’ve not only lasted two weeks with Irlianna, I cycled full speed every morning with dad to get to her!
4) Getting a puppy. I am sooo happy that mum and dad happened to find their new baby while I was visiting. I got to spend the best time with her, as she is at her cutest, funniest and most irresistible stage. Cuter still is her name- curly Kiwi.
5) Potluck at the Monarch’s. So many parties, dinners and gatherings to choose from for my top ten, I had a difficult time deciding. Accept Matt and Angela’s potluck was a no-brainer, a definite highlight. In fact so good, I will have a separate post just for it coming up next..
6) Wild edible herbs walk. Man, this walk was right up my alley, I was deing to find out what sort of local herbs and greens I could pick for juicing and to my surprise- pretty much ALL we passed were medicinal on some level. And I am telling you- there were alot! My fave was the Prickly Pear Cactus aka Nopal Opuntia, which lowers blood pressure, regulates blood sugars, supports immune system, has masses of Vitamin C and 17 amino acids. You just peel it and chop into your salad. It has the texture of a smooth cucumber and OMG so tasty.
7) Chocolate Club Dance Parties from Amsterdam. DJ Crystal DNA is Bastiaan Swager who is also the co-owner of a European based Raw Food business Mastercare. I was over the moon to meet my ‘neighbour’ all the way in Ecuador and the outdoor parties he put on were just awesome! It was especially hilarious when a whole crowd of locals gathered to watch the drug and alcohol free raw food ‘zoo animals’ get wild. Love!!
8) Raw Thai Dinner Experience. If you’ve seen my post on Eating New York, you’ll know how much raw goodness I try everywhere and I would easily say this dinner was one of the best. Kirsten Gum, the leading chef of this incredible experience and founder of Raw Trips came for a few short days, just to tease us it seems, but she sure made it memorable. Specialty fruit and chia smoothie, spicy spinach soup, thai nori rolls and dip, pad thai kelp noodles and mango icecream with coconut bites. I went to Raw Food Heaven.